- Real Name: Zadkiel
- Aliases: Morningstar, Ineffable Sefirath, Chief of the order of dominions, Lord of the black host
- Identity: Unknown to people
- Occupation: Overseeing Heaven’s clandestine of missions
- Citizenship: Heaven
- Place of Birth: Unrevealed
- Known Relatives: Unrevealed
- Group Affiliation: Angels of heaven
- Height: Unrevealed
- Weight: Unrevealed
- Eyes: Glowing Red
- Hair: None
- Powers: Unrevealed
- Abilities: Unrevealed
- Weapons: Sword with a flaming aura around the blade
- First Appearance: Ghost Rider Vol. 5 No. 14, October 2007 (by name), Ghost Rider Vol. 5 No. 27, November 2008 (in person)
The Last Stand of the Spirits of Vengeance
Zadkiel is at the battle front of heaven’s gates while speaking to Daniel Ketch through a mystical white dove. He lies to Ketch about what their doing is for the greater good, to release the hosts of the spirits of vengeance from their burden. Ketch believes him, and goes off to find the two last ghost riders with the black angels that Zadkiel has granted him for the final battle. During that time, Zadkiel is fighting angels in heaven with no difficulty.
Once Danny Ketch has gathered all of the spirits of vengeance in him, he came to Zadkiel where he used him like a gun and aimed his power towards the gates of Heaven. Once the gates where open Zadkiel invaded heaven and won the thrown. It is unclear if Zadkiel still owns Dan’s soul after he was done using him.
Heaven’s on Fire
Once Zadkiel took over Heaven’s thrown, his powers were growing stronger the longer he stayed in control of Heaven. He was starting to be able to modify Earth landscapes, or make it rain blood and urine in a village up in the mountains, or even have a mother in France give berth to baby pigs, or make sacred status soil themselves in a temple near the Dead Sea. Up in Heaven, he was slaughtering Angels on the streets and burning buildings. He also had plans to re-write the bible to his own image, by eliminating the bible prophets first, like the Anti-Christ (Anton Satan). He had gathered Blackout, Deacon, the Orb, the new Vengeance and other individuals to find the Anti-Christ and the Ghost Riders so they could be eliminated.
When Johnny Blaze and Dan Ketch finally reached Heaven to put a stop on Zadkiel and have revenge on what he did to their lives, Zadkiel accepted their challenge and defeated both brothers in a mere few blows. However, even thought Zadkiel had become this powerful god, on the second try of Blaze and Ketch, Zadkiel wasn’t able to defeat the two of them who had the aid of an army of Ghost Riders with them. Once God took back his thrown and put order in Heaven, he sent Zadkiel to Hell, where he became Satan’s prisoner.
- Primary Sources
- Ghost Rider No. 18, (February 2008), Daniel Way
- Ghost Rider No. 21, (May 2008), Jason Aaron
- Ghost Rider No. 30, (February 2009), Jason Aaron
- Ghost Rider: Heaven’s on Fire No. 5 – 6, (February – March 2010), Jason Aaron
- Ghost Rider No. ?, (Month Year), Artist
- Ghost Rider: Heaven’s on Fire No. 6, (March 2010), Roland Boschi